10 Jul Summer Concert Series Begins Tonight!
Join friends and neighbors in the courtyard of City Hall tonight 7/10 at 7pm to kick off Culver City’s summer music program.
Zydeco is on the menu with Andre Thierry and Zydeco Magic this evening, followed by an eclectic month and a half of free music every Thursday until August 14th.
Producer Gary Mandell of Boulevard Music has put together a fantastic lineup:
• Thursday, July 10 @ 7 pm: Cajun/Creole/Zydeco from Andre Thierry and Zydeco Magic
• Thursday, July 17 @ 7 pm: World music with an emphasis onFrance from Jessica Fichot plus Argentinian rock with great vocals from Los Pinguos
• Thursday, July 24 @ 7 pm: Beach Boys/Jan & Dean and Surf Classics from the band Surf City
• Thursday, July 31 @ 7 pm: Bluegrass from the Grammy winning John Jorgenson Bluegrass Band
• Thursday, August 7 @ 7 pm: Sambas and Brazilian dance music from Katia Moraes and Brazilian Hearts plus Charanga (music from Cuba) from Orquesta Charangoa
• Thursday, August 14 @ 7 pm: Folk, swing, bluegrass, and nostalgia from the Dust Bowl Revival
During the July 17th and July 24th concerts, the Culver City Homelessness Committee will be collecting canned food and toiletries such as toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, razors and bath soap for Upward Bound House and St. Joseph Center. These two agencies assist the homeless of Culver City. Providing a food or toiletry donation is an easy way to make a difference in the life of a homeless person.
Culver City City Hall Courtyard
9770 Culver Blvd
Culver City, CA 90232
(corner Culver Blvd. and Duquesne Ave.)
Admission is free.
100 premium seats are for sale for entry level sponsors at $10 each per show.
Tickets may be purchased at Boulevard Music in person or over the phone 310-398-2583.
There is bike parking in front of City Hall, and cars can park free in the City Hall garage (accessible from Duquesne Ave.)
Additional parking is free for the first two hours in designated structures in the Downtown area – parking in the neighborhood is restricted, so if you can’t walk, bike or take public transit, please park in the city lots.
For more information, visit the Boulevard Music website: http://boulevardmusic.com/livemusic/526.html.
Download the flyer here!